Running your car in the garage before a long trip, especially on a frigid winter morning, may seem like a good idea. However, even with the door open, your garage could get filled with carbon monoxide (CO) from your vehicle's exhaust. It's produced when carbon fuels are used, such as the natural gas in your stove or the gasoline in your car. Carbon monoxide can be fatal even in low concentrations.
Alarm Alert provides carbon monoxide sensor installation service for the residents of Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Florence, Conway, and other cities within our service area. Get fire alarm installation services from our certified technicians. Call us now at 843-396-3727 to get our security services. You can contact us online also for more information.
Carbon monoxide is fatal because it enters the lungs, attaches to red blood cells, and prevents the body from receiving oxygen. Some of the first warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include:
Most worrisome is that these symptoms are similar to those of the common cold and the flu, often dismissed as minor. Carbon monoxide levels over 150 parts per million might cause disorientation and coma (ppm). Without treatment, the symptoms will worsen to the point of death.
The most effective means of avoiding CO poisoning is to install carbon monoxide sensors in your home. A carbon monoxide detector may be set up in your house to warn you of the presence of the gas. Similar to a smoke or fire alarm, these devices will sound an alert if they detect carbon monoxide. Install a carbon monoxide sensor by the qualified technicians of Alarm Alert. Rely on us for home and commercial security services. Call us now at 843-396-3727.